Tag Archives: guide
The town of Tavira, Portugal is a beautiful and elegant settlement, some consider it almost surreal in some aspects of it. Tavira is still an Algarvian fishing town, that much stays the same, however visitors might find what they see at odds with that particular notion seeing how unique this town is from most of the surrounding resorts.
Just like the rest of the region, Tavira spent quite a few centuries under Arab rule, in this case it was between the 8th and 13th centuries, after which it was conquered by the Knights of the Order of Santiago in 1242. Then between the 16th and 18th centuries, Tavira was the main trading port in the region. As you can plainly see, a very rich history, and we’ll try to give you a general overview on the place with this short Tavira guide.
What makes the town of Tavira stand out from most of the other Algarve towns is that it managed to somehow stave off the influence of mass tourism and preserve its unique traditions and handsome character. Part of this character is the seven arch bridge which spans the Gilao river; while its current appearance dates from the 17th century, the bridge itself is believed to have been built by the Romans. Severe floods affected the bridge back in 1989 and ever since it has only been open to pedestrian traffic, so you can still get to cross it, only you’ll be doing it on foot and some might argue that this is a much better way.
Silves, Portugal sits on the banks of the Arade River, a town littered with lemon and orange trees, Silves is a place full of history and wherever you’ll look, you’ll find some small or large thing that adds to this place’s enchanting atmosphere.
The settlement that is today known as Silves, has always been an important one in the region because thanks to its positioning, it lay at the entrance to the inland areas of the Algarve. Going there now, you can’t really see it, because the river is now too silted up to allow large vessels to travel it, but in centuries past, that was not an issue.
Any Silves guide is pretty much obliged to mention the most prominent monument in the city, namely the Castelo de Silves. This is now the best preserved castle in the region and it towers above the town alongside the nearby Cathedral. Being a fortress it was built on an overlooking hill, obviously so the views from the battlements are quite spectacular. The castle features eleven towers, two of them being barbicans, and its thick walls still enclose an area of about twelve hundred thousand square meters. Four of the towers were rebuilt during the 14th and 15 centuries and as such feature Gothic doorways.
While a relatively provincial city, Faro is the capital of the Algarve, a modern and lively city, featuring many shopping opportunities, great food as well as a vibrant nightlife, all in all it’s a very exciting holiday destination.
A large majority of travelers to the Algarve will pass through Faro because this is where the local airport is situated, and Faro transfers from Faro Airport are available to reach a wide number of Algarve locations.
There are however those who choose to stay awhile around Faro and they are rewarded with the discovery of a charmful town, with an interesting history, and the feel of an actual Portuguese fishing port.
The strategy of outdoor camping to most of you conjures up pictures which may generate you cringe, in particular those of you who possess certainly not camped as a little one or possess heard horror stories from close friends and relatives, and possess unjustly determined never to offer it a fair go.
How considerably action you put into adequately preparing the outdoor camping trip can determine how effective (and pleasurable) the trip could be. Though some of these duties may seem boring and tiresome, the more often you put these duties into practice the a lot more fun you will possess performing them.
Here we have 15 TIPS You Must Know Earlier than You Go On Your First Camping holiday:
- 1. Collect all the camping hard drives in a nook of a room and keep building to it as you think of it.
- 2. Use holder cabinets in your car for simple storage.
- 3. Keep the clothes in sports baggage.
- 4. Make sure all hefty objects are secure and are loaded at the bottom of your car boot with lighter in weight items on top.
- 5. Consider one prepared food in a freezer food that may be easily reheated on arrival at the destination.
- 6. Guarantee you have everything you necessity for a drink quit like tea luggage, instantaneous coffee, sugar, condensed whole milk, cordial, powder, biscuits, a two litre bottle of water, satisfies, kettle, wet wipes and tea fabric
- 7. If you are going away for a brief trip prepare the hot dishes so which you have a lot more time to chill out at your camp site and take pleasure in yourself.
- 8. Stock up on fresh and crisp berries and veggies at every single chance.
- 9. List everything you will eat on the variety of days you are away.
- 10. Retain extras always on give that includes a flower bouquet for desserts and breads, noodles, rice, beans and lentils.
- 11. Recall long life milk products (two to three cartons of lengthy life milk per day should be sufficient for a family of two youngsters and two parents as a guide).
- 12. Try tenting in the backyard to see how you sense regarding the tent and sleeping baggage etc.
- 13. The initially backpacking gear does not have to be expensive. It is far more essential which it is long lasting and keeps you protected from artificial conditions. Provide a piece of floor material with you, a piece of plastic material that goes beneath the tent. Tuck the edges neatly with the tent. The first issue you need to consider when selecting the tent is the volume ie the number of people your tent is heading to house.
- 14. Consider cutlery using you which is old and surely won’t be skipped if it doesn’t happen house with you.
- 15. Retain cutlery separate from crockery by putting them in plastic containers using lids or in a tea towel in a plastic material bag.
All great ideas and tips if you decide to go camping in Algarve where you can choose from many towns like Alvor camping, that have special places for the camping lovers.